Have you been searching for a great recipe to make coleslaw? If you have, I’m sure you came across a few versions and we know it’s hard to pick a recipe to go with, especially if you’re making it for other people. The following is a pretty good recipe.
It is 4 star all the way and tastes just like the coleslaw at KFC. Make sure to make this ahead of time at least 6 hours and if you can make it the night before all the better. It needs time for all the flavours to incorporate and combine together.
- 1 head shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 T chopped onions
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1.5 T apple cider venegar
- 2 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (you can use light/local mayo if preferred)
- Shred or finely dice the cabbage and the carrots, you can use a food processor or a cheese grater if doing by hand, or use a knife.
- Mix onions with the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients using a blender or food processor or if you really want to be crazy–use a spoon–also you’ll save a wit bit of electricity and get some exercise.
- Now thoroughly mix the mayo mixture in with the cabbage, onion and carrots.
Remember to refrigerate for at least 6 hours.